Workingdogs Logo
Working Dogs Outfitter Training Books & Videos Free Trainer Directory
Tactical & Outdoor Gear Online Brand New All Pet Store New Articles
Brand new hot deals! Breed Calendars & Misc. Gifts Working Dog Forum
Updated New Book Titles! Veterinary Library Free User Blogs
The international magazine for and about working and sporting dogs -- and the people who love them.
 
Working Dog Ads Free Working Dog Blog Working Dog Forums Working Dog Events New Working Dog Articles



Facebook

Twitter




Add Working Dogs
Headlines to your Site

Click Here for Details

Subscribe to the
Working Dogs Newsletter
EnterYour e-mail address


Pro Training Shop

The Dog Shop

Tactical and Outdoor Gear Online

Veterinary Library

Brand New All Pet Store

Breed Calendars and Misc. Gifts

Updated New Book Titles!

Our Horse Gear

Dog First Aid

Australian Cattle Dogs

Australian Shepherds

Belgian Malinois

Bernese Mountain Dogs

Border Collies

Bouvier des Flandres

Bulldogs

Cane Corso

Doberman Pinschers

German Shepherd Dogs

Hound Dogs

Labrador Retrievers

Mastiffs

Newfoundlands

Pit Bulls

Rottweilers

Swiss Mountain Dog

K9 Kondo
{short description of image}
Search Amazon:

Enter Keyword:

Canine Trauma




ASPCA NAPCC warns pet owners:
Antifreeze can be deadly to pets!


Who:
The ASPCA National Animal Poison Control Center (NAPCC), an operating division of the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) is the only animal-oriented poison control center in North America. The NAPCC is a unique, emergency hotline providing 24-hour-a-day, 7-day-a-week telephone assistance..

What:
Antifreeze has a sweet taste and can be attracting to pets. Ethylene glycol is the most common form of antifreeze available. Unfortunately, very small amounts can be lethal to pets. As little as one teaspoon of antifreeze can be deadly to the average sized cat and less than four teaspoons can be dangerous to a 10-pound dog. Most cases of antifreeze poisoning occur around the pet's home and are usually due to improper storage or disposal.

The following are some guidelines for pet owners to follow to avoid pet exposures to antifreeze:
ASPCA Antifreeze Poisoning Prevention Tips
  • Always clean up antifreeze spills immediately.
  • Check your car regularly for leaks.
  • Always store antifreeze containers in areas that are inaccessible to pets.
  • Never allow your pets to have access to the area when you are draining antifreeze from your car.
  • Propylene glycol is a less toxic form of antifreeze and could be used instead of ethylene glycol.
If you suspect your pet has ingested antifreeze, contact your veterinarian immediately!

Contact: For consultation services:
ASPCA National Animal Poison Control Center 1-888-4ANI-HELP
For online information: http://www.napcc.aspca.org.
To receive a free hotline information packet, email jar@napcc.aspca.org




HOME | SEARCH | BOOK & Gear | Classifieds | Articles | Health | Resources | About Us | Privacy Statement
All site contents and design Copyright 1996 © Working Dogs
Please feel free to link from your site to any of the pages on Working Dogs domain in a non-frame presentation only.
You may not copy, reproduce, or distribute any site content in any form.
Copying and distribution of any Working Dogs domain content may be done only with publisher's consent.
For information on reprinting articles please contact Working Dogs.
Page